New training programme
We are delighted to introduce a new course for investigators and enforcement officers.
Enforcement officers are required to carry out investigations and conversations as part of their role. This work may involve situations that can lead to conflict.
It is essential that officers are aware of the potential for conflict and how to assess the risk, de-escalate it, take precautions and if it becomes necessary protect themselves in these potentially hostile situations.
This interactive 1 day course includes practical exercises, case studies and role plays.
Key learning points include:
- Recognise the signs of aggression.
- Know the importance of de-escalation.
- Use communication skills effectively.
- Understand how to defuse a situation with an aggressive person.
- What helps and inhibits communication.
- Demonstrate de-escalation techniques.
- Explain the stages of a violent episode (Kaplan and Wheeler).
- Explain the ‘Batari box’ and how this affects our relationship in potential conflict.
- Explain the Behavioural Influence Stairway Model (BISM). This model was devised by the FBI to resolve conflict with a person. The model is 90% effective in resolving conflict without using force.
- Consider risks – the factors that should be considered when thinking about personal safety.
- Use the People, Environment and Task (PET) risk assessment method.
- Have improved communication skills when we are dealing with an aggressive person.
- Know how to handle confrontational situations.
- Have a greater awareness of what is situational awareness. How we can improve our situational awareness and what are the barriers to situational awareness. A short video is used to assess the delegates situational awareness.
- Understand that the use of Personal Safety/Breakaway/Self Defence techniques are a last resort which should not be used lightly.
- Protect themselves from grabs, punches, kicks or weapons.
Contact us to plan this training for your organisation at a date and place (online or face-to-face) that suit you.
Read more and book the course here