This session will give you the opportunity to hear from key speakers in the area, who will give an overview of the legislation and an update on what is happening in the HSE and the Courts in preparation for commencement. It will also give delegates an opportunity to asks questions and take part in discussions.
All services are covered by the Act – banking and financial services, legal services and health and social care. It is vital that all professionals working in these services understand this new legislation.
On the agenda:
- Overview of the Assisted Decision (Making) Capacity Act, 2015
- Advanced Healthcare Directives and Enduring Powers of Attorney
- HSE – Preparation for Commencement
- The Courts – Preparation for Commencement
- Judge John O’Connor
- Aine Flynn, Director Decision Support Service, Mental Health Commission
- Patricia Rickard-Clarke, Solicitor
- Caoimhe Gleeson, HSE
- Peter Mullan, Courts Service