Course also known as the Law on Consent and Capacity
Do you work with Vulnerable Adults? Do you understand your legal obligations in relation to Consent and Capacity?
An intensive one day training programme which examines the current law in relation to consent and capacity in Ireland and reviews recent cases before the superior courts. The Assisted Decision-Making Capacity Act 2015 will also be covered with discussions around its implications for practice.
A central theme of the training includes an in-depth discussion of the legal and ethical dilemmas presented by the issue of capacity and its assessment.
Key Learning Points
- Consent and the ingredients of a valid Consent
- The importance of Consent in practice
- Recent cases before the superior courts
- The National Consent Policy
- Legal position of the next-of-kin
- The Assisted Decision-Making Capacity Act 2015
- Decision Support Options under the 2015 Act
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Advance Healthcare Directives
Who should attend:
All Medical, Health and Social Care Professionals who work with Vulnerable Adults and have a particular interest in having an in-depth knowledge in:
- how to properly obtain Consent,
- the current legal position around Capacity and
- the Assisted Decision Making (Capacity) Act.
“Excellent Facilitator. Thorough overview of all issues concerning medical practice… very helpful insight into correct procedure and practice.
Very enjoyable, informative and an excellent learning experience.”
Dr. Jennifer Carroll Consultant Physician, Cork University Hospital
If you'd like to plan this training course for your organisation at a different date please contact us directly and we'll arrange this with you.
For further information please contact us on 01 878 8265 - [email protected]