This webinar worth 1 General CPD hour will explore:
- Capacity and how it is to be construed and assessed.
- The Guiding Principles that will apply in relation to any intervention in respect of a person whose capacity is in question or who lacks decision-making capacity.
- The new legal framework for Advanced Healthcare Directives and very brief update on Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- Very brief overview of the different supported decision-making mechanisms set out in the Act.
- The main functions of the Director of the Decision Support Service.