This half day intensive course examines the legal obligation on Medical, Health and Social Care Professionals to report concerns of abuse to Tusla and the Gardai. It examines the relevant legislation professionals should be aware of.
A key component of the training is group discussion facilitated by the use of sample case scenarios.
Key Learning Points:
- Overview of the Criminal Justice (Withholding of Information on Offences Against Children and Vulnerable Persons) Act 2012
- Overview of Children First National Guidance and Legislation
- Children First National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children 2017
- Children’s First Act 2015
- Reckless Endangerment
- Obligations of professionals to report to Tusla and the Garda
Who should attend:
All Medical, Health and Social Care Professionals – it is important all professionals fully understand their legal reporting obligations.
Contact us today to start planning your training at a date convenient for you.