This course will assist all professionals who attend inquests, including healthcare professionals, prison officers, emergency service professionals, risk managers and lawyers in understanding the functions, powers and duties of the Coroner and the scope of the inquest.
A lawyer will guide delegates on effective statement writing, preparation and presenting oral evidence at an inquest. Delegates will learn through realistic role-plays with discussion and feedback. They will gain confidence in their ability to prepare for and present their evidence at an inquest.
Key Learning Points
- The function of the Coroner
- The scope and purpose of the inquest
- The Coroner’s Investigation –Process and Procedure
- How to write an excellent statement
- The procedure at the inquest
- The role of the expert witness
- Handling the media
- How to prepare for giving evidence in the Coroner’s Court
- Taking the oath/affirmation with confidence
- How to make appropriate use of supporting evidence, documents and notes
- How to give confident and clear testimony
If you'd like to plan this training course for your organisation at a different date please contact us directly and we'll arrange this with you.
For further information please contact us on 01 878 8265 - [email protected] or complete the form below.