Delegates will learn by focusing in an experiential way on the practical aspects of an investigatory or disciplinary process. The investigations training will cover areas such as fact finding, note-taking, interviewing, weighing up the evidence and report writing so as to comply with the employees right to "natural and constitutional" justice at all times.
This is done through practical exercises & role-plays on specific case studies with feedback from the trainer who is a qualified lawyer practicing in the employment field.
Delegates will leave with a checklist for employment investigations & disciplinary procedures enabling them to consider allegations, investigate using proper procedures, weigh up the evidence and make the appropriate decision.
Key Learning Points:
- Review and update their practical understanding of essential employment law
- Have the importance of employment law procedures in the workplace put in context
- Understand the importance of a grievance procedure framework and how to apply "best practice" procedures
- Understand the importance of the principles of "natural and constitutional" justice when carrying out an investigation or applying disciplinary procedures
- Focus in an experiential way on key aspects of applying those procedures including interviewing, note taking, cautioning and report writing
- Learn how to weigh up the evidence so as to comply with legal requirements
- Experience role-plays where the procedures in a disciplinary hearing and/or legal hearing are experienced first-hand
Who should attend?
Those with a responsibility for staff - Managers, supervisors, senior staff members, and HR personnel need to know and understand the law and how they practically apply it in disciplinary matters. Best practice principles must be followed so that investigators investigate effectively and invoke a disciplinary procedure without being unfair.
This course is accredited by Engineers Ireland.
“Exceeded my expectations, a very informative and interactive training session, plenty of discussion on practical scenarios. Handouts were very useful and detailed. Overall extremely enjoyable” - OT, National Rehabilitation Hospital
“Excellent course. Clear, concise, informative on both recording and report writing guidelines. Would have no hesitations recommending this training to colleagues” - Consultant Psychiatrist, Galway
If you'd like to plan this training course for your organisation at a different date please contact us directly and we'll arrange this with you.
For further information please contact us on 01 8788 255 - [email protected] or complete the form below.