As an investigator are you having difficulty accessing data for the purposes of law enforcement? Are you clear about subject access requests where the information is sought in the context of an ongoing investigation? Do you understand the legal basis of such requests? Are you clear as to the difference between the GDPR and the Law Enforcement Directive and when each applies?
Key learning points:
- Understand the principles of GDPR
- Understand the principles of the Law Enforcement Directive
- Understand the importance of defining the purpose of processing
- Examine the importance of security of data
- Examine access requests and the limitation of access where the Law Enforcement Directive applies
- Examine Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Learn the importance of proper registration of processing
- History of Data Protection Law
- Overview of GDPR
- Principles of Data Protection
- Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Data Protection by design and default
- The Law Enforcement Directive- Part 5 Data Protection Act 2018
- Defining purpose of processing
- Relationship between GDPR and LED
- Data Sharing in the public sector
- Subject access requests
- Difference between an access request under GDPR and under the LED
- Security of data
- Responding to a security breach
- Case studies
- Differences between Freedom of Information requests and GDPR requests
- The role of the Data Protection Commission
- Transfer of data to third countries
- Data Governance
- Record of Processing Activities
Who will benefit from this course:
- Managers working in the field of data protection.
- Managers who are engaged in law enforcement where there is a requirement t process data, or to obtain data from other agencies.
To plan this training course for your organisation at a specific date that suits you please contact us and we will arrange this with you.
The course will be tailored to the requirements of your organisation and will have built in exercises examining the particular issues faced.