Are complaints being handled professionally and appropriately in your organisation? Is poor complaint handling leading to long, drawn out investigations where there was potential to diffuse the complaint at the offset?
This intensive and highly practical training day assists attendees in understanding what is required to manage complaints properly.
It will consider the root causes of complaints, how to identify a potential complaint, defusing complaints, the importance of open culture and reflecting and learning from complaints through theory, exercises and group discussion.
Key Learning Points
- Understanding your complaints policy
- The root causes of complaints
- How to identify potential complaints
- The stages of a complaint
- Handling people’s emotional responses to complaints
- The importance of listening and managing expectations at the initial stage
- How to defuse complaints
- The importance of open culture, and reflecting and learning
- How serious complaints are investigated
- Interviewing key staff members: Do’s and Dont's
- Questioning skills
- Findings and recommendations
- Writing your investigation report and drawing it to a conclusion
Who should attend:
All managers who may be required to investigate a formal complaint
"Very informative on dealing with complaints under pressure. Excellent overall." Rachel Fitzpatrick, Team Lead of Department, Comfort Keepers
"The course was an excellent overview of the complaints processes and best practice in complaints handling." Sara Van Den Bergh, Solicitor, CORU
If you'd like to plan this training course for your organisation at a different date please contact us directly and we'll arrange this with you.
For further information please contact us on 01 8788 258 - [email protected] or complete the form below.