ICA Advanced Certificate in Practical Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
It has never been more important to have robust controls and procedures in place to Know Your Customer (KYC). Adequate due diligence on new and existing customers is a key part of these controls. Without this due diligence, your firm can become subject to reputational, operational, legal and financial risks.
This qualification has been designed for KYC Analysts and professionals who manage risk in the Customer Due Diligence (CDD) process. The only professional qualification in practical CDD, this course will help you make sound judgements and pinpoint areas of potential risk.
This qualification is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester. In the UK, it is also endorsed by the British Bankers’ Association.
Who is this course suitable for?
• Those engaged in practical CDD - in an onboarding or remediation function
• Contractors who wish to enter the CDD environment
• Managers who oversee CDD teams
• Those responsible for creating/developing CDD frameworks
• New/recently appointed MLROs and deputies
• Internal auditors assuming responsibilities for money laundering/financial crime issues
• All individuals engaged who aspire to a career in anti money laundering
What will you learn?
• Identification and Verification
• Understanding the Customer
• Establishing the nature of the relationship
• Unravelling ownership structure/beneficial ownership
• Who controls the customer?
• Screening the customer/related parties
• Money laundering risk factors and risk ratings
• Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD)
• Client classifications
• CDD profiles and document management
Request a copy of the full syllabus here
Download Enrolment Form Here
This course is open to anyone who is interested in furthering their CDD knowledge and skills, however, holding some relevant business experience will allow you to take full advantage of the course. The content of the programme requires students to possess:
• Sound educational background
• Good written English skills
How and where can you study?
This six month course is being offered in Dublin in the following format:
• Pre-reading/exercises/tasks to be completed in advance of workshops, delivered via the ICT learning platform
• Two compulsory workshops covering key areas and embedding them through discussions and practical exercises (workshops are compulsory as part of the exam is based on the case study used in the workshops)
• Innovative workshop exercises that use mock CDD documents, genuinely reflecting the practical issues encountered in the CDD environment
• One examination in 2 parts: 1 hour multiple choice and 2 hours open book
Due to the practical nature of the course and the way that it is assessed, attendance at workshops is mandatory.
How will you be assessed?
The course is assessed by a three hour examination (including reading time) which comprises multiple choice questions and short form written response questions (including a section where you will be provided with a set of CDD documentation and asked to assess the information/respond to questions based upon them.)
Can this course be taught in-house?
All ICA qualifications can be taught in-house at your firm (minimum numbers apply). Benefits include a reduction in price and the ability to include bespoke material in the course delivery. Contact La Touche Training for more information.
What does it cost?
In order to study any ICA qualification you need to be a member of the ICA, joining our professional community of thousands of like minded individuals. The fee for ICA Affiliate Membership is €115 payable to ICA and includes your assessment and access to invaluable knowledge and resources that will help with your course as well as many other member benefits and services.
The course fee is €1,700 payable to La Touche Training. This rate is VAT exempt.
Where does this course sit on the Framework of Qualifications in Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI)?
Awarded in association with the University of Manchester - Alliance Manchester Business School, this ICA Advanced Certificate in Practical Customer Due Diligence (CDD) is level 6 on the Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
For any query you may have, contact Adrian Kiernan at email@example.com or call 01 8788 255