ICA Advanced Certificate in Managing Sanctions Risk
Sanctions are a key tool in the armoury of the global fight against financial crime. Understanding sanctions remains a complex yet fascinating topic and is crucial for the development of a well-rounded strategy in combatting financial crime.
The ICA Advanced Certificate in Managing Sanctions Risk explores the intricacies and challenges of meeting sanctions obligations. You will learn about the latest sanctions challenges and best practice and you will review case studies so you understand the risks sanctions present to firms and the frameworks used to manage these risks.
The course will also investigate key areas of sanctions controls such as sanctions screening, managing alerts and sanctions evasion typologies. This Advanced Certificate is a must-have qualification for anyone involved in identifying, understanding and managing sanctions risk exposure.
This course is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Senior financial crime/regulatory compliance practitioners who are keen to enhance their existing expertise by learning about another distinct sphere
- Senior managers within the Sanctions environment who wish to certify their knowledge
- Anyone who needs to understand sanctions risk faced when dealing with customers, clients and/or transactions
- Those involved in the sanctions screening process
- Regulators or Consultants
- MLROs, Compliance Managers and Risk Managers
- Anyone with an interest in better understanding how Sanctions work and the risks they can present if not correctly addressed
What will you learn?
- Global sanctions architecture - Political, Legal and Implementation context
- The international context
- Transparency, control and ownership
- Developing the control framework
- Sanctions lifting and roll back
- Identifying higher risk jurisdictions and activities
Request a copy of the full syllabus here
Download Enrolment Form Here
The ICA International Advanced Certificate in Managing Sanctions Risk is open to anyone who is interested in pursuing a career in sanctions risk management. However, the content of the programme requires students to possess:
• Sound educational background
• Good written English skills
How and where can you study?
This course is completed via Distance Learning through the online learning platform. There is additional e-tutor and on-line support.
How will you be assessed?
Two 2,000-2,500 word assignments
Can this course be taught in-house?
All ICA qualifications can be taught in-house at your firm (minimum numbers apply). Benefits include a reduction in price and the ability to include bespoke material in the course delivery. Contact La Touche Training for more information.
What does it cost?
In order to study any ICA qualification you need to be a member of the ICA, joining our professional community of thousands of like minded individuals. The fee for ICA Affiliate Membership is €115 payable to ICA and includes your assessment and access to invaluable knowledge and resources that will help with your course as well as many other member benefits and services.
The course fee is €1,700 payable to La Touche Training. This rate is VAT exempt.
Where does this course sit on the Framework of Qualifications in Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI)?
Awarded in association with the University of Manchester - Alliance Manchester Business School, this ICA Advanced Certificate in Managing Sanctions Risk is level 6 on the Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
For any query you may have, contact Adrian Kiernan at email@example.com or call 01 8788 255